The use of this mouth gag or speculum is a common procedure in small animal medicine. Maintaining an open mouth is a requirement for many dental cases and for proper examination of the upper airways.
- Clear plastic
- Anatomic design for proper, secure placement between premolars and molars
- Radiolucent for unobstructed radiographs
- A hole is provided to attach a suture for emergency removal
- Can be used if canine teeth are absent
- Soft and pliable for patient comfort
- Suggested uses: intubation, oral surgery, dental procedure, oral exam, radiographic exam