Indicated for patients recovering from a debilitative state such as surgery, cancer therapy, injury or malnutrition.
Not recommended for:
- Protein, Omega -3 fatty acids, amino acids, etc: aid in promotion wound and tissue healing, preserving lean body mass and maintaining body defenses in sick, debilitated, cachectic and anorexic dogs.
- Glutamine: helps support the metabolic requirements of the small intestines and may stimulate the immune system.
- Antioxidants: defend cells from free radicals, promoting a healthy immune system.
- Potassium: combats depletion.
- Consistency: gives flexibility in feeding - by bowl, spoon, syringe or tube
- Palatability: acceptance by inappetant patients
- Patients where the primary therapeutic goal is to avoid fluid retention or prevent the accumulation of nitrogenous by-products, phosphorous or sodium
- Patients that can not tol