Five Minutes Could Save You Five Hours a Month
This blog post is meant to be read in under five minutes.
Curly: Do you know what the secret of life is?
Mitch: No, what? Curly: (* holds up one finger *) This.
Mitch: Your finger?
Curly: One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that, and the rest don’t mean s@#$.
Mitch: That’s great. But, what’s the “one thing”?
Curly: That’s what you’ve got to figure out. (* rides off on horse *)
In your practice, when you are completely overwhelmed with to-dos and you’re trying to decide what to focus on first, prioritize one thing that will make everything else on your list easier or, even better, unnecessary.
Do ONE thing that can create a domino effect that makes everything else easier or go away.
So, what is that one thing? Automated reporting. Let’s face it: automated anything. But automated reporting that works with your practice management software and pulls together a monthly snapshot, comparing to benchmark and previous metrics? It saves the time and effort – and five to six hours a month – of gathering all these data points, much less putting them into a report you can compare from month to month and year to year.
One report can show:
- Income trend over past 12 months and benchmarks for practice growth
- How many patients have booked their next appointment
- How many patients haven’t been seen in more than a year
- How many clients have multiple pets and how long it’s been since each pet’s appointment
- What your flea and tick revenue is Average revenue per client visit and more
So, one decision to use automated reporting sets off a savings of five hours a month, freeing you up to see that many more clients and patients. Curly would be proud.