Chromic Gut Sutures
Chromic Gut sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic surgery, but not in cardiovascular or neurological surgery. Chromic Gut sutures are absorbable, sterile surgical sutures composed of purified connective tissue (mostly collagen) derived from the serosal layer of beef (bovine) intestines.
- Packaged in a solution of 89% isopropanol, 10% water and 1% triethanolmaine
- Treated with chromic salt solution
- Surface smoothness to facilitate knot run-down and knot strength, due to electronic polishing of each strand
- Uniform treatment with a buffered chromium salt solution, resulting in a chromic strand with a more predictable strength
- Uniform in-vivo absorption
- Gamma irradiation sterilization
Limited Time Offer Available on Select Items. Look for on Select Items.
Hazmat - Chargeable
Hazmat - No Charge
This item is on your Formulary list.