Convenia® (cefovecin sodium) is an injectable antimicrobial indicated for the treatment of canine skin infections (secondary superficial pyoderma, abscesses, and wounds) caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococus intermedius and Streprococcus canis (Group G). It also is indicated in feline skin infections (wounds and abscesses) caused by susceptible strains of Pasteurella multocida.
- Professionally administered injection provides an assured course of treatment - no missed or off- schedule doses, no interruption of treatment, no leftover pills
- Reaches peak plasma levels quickly and has a distinctly long half- life
- Provides sustained and uninterrupted therapeutic drug concentrations
- Demonstrated efficacy in treating the most common skin infections in dogs and cats
- Gives owners peace of mind that their pets are receiving the treatment they need without the stress of administering daily oral medications
- Aqueous, non-depot injection for rapid release