Indicated for kidney disease and cardiovascular disease.
- Low Sodium: Helps control clinical signs associated with ascites/edema and hypertension
- Low Phosphorus: Helps slow the progression of kidney disease
- Reduced Protein and Increased Non-protein Calories: Help to meet nutritional need while reducing kidney workload by avoiding excessive by-products that require kidney excretion
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Support kidney health
- Dietary Buffering Capacity: Help counteract the tendency for metabolic acidosis, a common complication of kidney failure, to help lessen muscle wasting
- Antioxidants: Defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
- B-Complex Vitamins: Help to compensate for urinary losses due to kidney disease
- Target Urinary pH: 6.8 - 7.2"
Not recommended for:
- Growing puppies, pregnant or nursing dogs
- Patients wit