Designed as an aid in the treatment of otitis externa. When liquid medication is applied to the sterile, compressed sponge, it gently, evenly expands to fill ear canal, dispersing the medication and applying gentle pressure to the tissue.
- Expands rapidly for effective distribution of liquid medication
- Soft, pliable sponge enhances patient comfort while applying gentle pressure
- Sponge consists of a polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) with interconnecting open cells
- Compressed and sterile for rapid patient treatment
- Suture can be placed around the end for easy retrieval
- Perfect for clients who cannot readily treat their animal at home and for refractory or challenging cases that are not responding to treatment
Insert ear wick and infuse appropriate antibiotic or corticosteroid into sponge. Leave in place for a few days. The resulting reduction in edema or swelling will cause ear wick to come out easily. Designed for glycol or aqueous otic solution. It will not work with oil-based emulsions. For large breed dogs (over 80 lb) 2 or more ear wicks may be required.